The thredUP team is constantly working to determine the best value for the clean out customers, shoppers, and the business as a whole. Clean Out Bags are awarded based on the adherence to thredUP’s acceptance guidelines and quality standards. When determining pricing, many factors are taken into consideration, such as MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price), the price paid for the item new in-store, seasonality, the age of item, quality, style, and the demand for the items on our site.
thredUP does not guarantee any minimum reward. Just like any high-end consignment store, thredUP’s professional buyers carefully evaluate each item and determine its quality and the ability to resell it. If the item is judged to be premium (i.e. in high demand or of a high-quality brand), thredUP will pay more for the item, just like any other reseller would do.
Take a look at the image below to get a better idea of how much you can earn for your clothing:
Upfront Vs. Consignment items:
- Items that are on-trend, in-season, and in great condition
- You’ll receive a payout as soon as these items are processed (i.e. you don’t have to wait for the item to sell!)
- You can expect to earn 5% to 80% of the anticipated selling price (the price the item will sell for on thredUP)
- Earnings are available immediately in your thredUP account (earnings may be used immediately to shop on thredUP.com, or cashed out via PayPal or a thredUP Visa Prepaid Card after 14 days).
- To learn more about upfront items, click here.
- Items that are off-season, in great condition, but may take longer to sell
- You’ll be paid for these items once they sell
- You can expect to earn 5% to 80% of the anticipated selling price (the price the item will sell for on thredUP).
- thredUP will notify you when an item sells, and after 14 days, you may use your earnings to shop on thredUP.com or cash out via PayPal or a thredUP Visa Prepaid Card.
- To learn more about consignment items, click here.
Question not answered? Click here to send us a message.