CLEAN OUT TIPS
- We encourage you to send in clothing from the season that just passed. For example, in October send us those summer clothes you no longer wear. Sending us a bag in May? Winter coats, please.
- You might receive a higher payout for items that still have the original price tags attached.
- New-with-tags items are not automatically accepted. They must meet our high-quality standards and be free of imperfections.
- Currently, we are limiting acceptance of dress pants, blazers, and workwear.
- To help identify matching sets, please place them in smaller bags within your Clean Out Bag. As a reminder, this pertains only to children's sets. Adult "sets" will be sold separately.
- Fashion and costume jewelry can be put in a clear, zip-lock bag and placed inside your Clean Out Bag.
- For designer items, you may be asked to provide evidence of authenticity.
What Happens to My Unaccepted Items?
thredUP works with organizations to distribute, resell, and recycle all of our unaccepted clothing. We do receive a nominal amount of compensation for these items which is used to help offset a portion of the shipping costs incurred when customers send us their Clean Out Bags.
If you would like your unaccepted items returned to you, please add Return Assurance to your Clean Out Bag. Please thoroughly review thredUP’s quality standards before sending in your Clean Out Bag.
Can I Get Back My Accepted Items?
No. Once your Clean Out Bag or Donation Clean Out Bag has been processed, we are unable to send any of your accepted items back.