Return Assurance is an option that thredUP offers for each individual Clean Out Bag. Return Assurance returns items that we do not accept for a fee of $9.99.
Important to know:
- Return Assurance is only eligible for Clean Out Bags receiving a payout (Donation Clean Out Bags cannot have unaccepted items returned)
- Return Assurance MUST be added to a Clean Out Bag prior to thredUP receiving the bag
- If a Clean Out Bag has Return Assurance added, only items thredUP does not accept for resale will be returned to you
- If a Clean Out Bag has Return Assurance added, a fee of $9.99 will be deducted from your Clean Out Bag earnings
- If all items are accepted from a Clean Out Bag, no fee will be charged
- If there are not sufficient earnings from the Clean Out Bag to cover the fee, the remainder of the fee will be deducted from the user’s account balance if available
- If Return Assurance was added to a Clean Out Bag and no items are accepted from the bag, the email sent to you regarding your Clean Out Bag being processed will include a message to contact the thredUP support team to arrange having your items returned
Click here to learn how to add/remove Return Assurance.
Question not answered? Click here to send us a message.