Return Assurance is an option that thredUP offers for each individual Clean Out Bag. Return Assurance returns items that we do not accept for a fee of $10.99.
Important to know:
- Return Assurance is only eligible for Clean Out Bags receiving a payout (Donation Clean Out Bags cannot have unaccepted items returned)
- Return Assurance MUST be added to a Clean Out Bag prior to thredUP receiving the bag
- If a Clean Out Bag has Return Assurance added, only items thredUP does not accept for resale will be returned to you
- If a Clean Out Bag has Return Assurance added, a fee of $10.99 will be deducted from your Clean Out Bag earnings
- If all items are accepted from a Clean Out Bag, no fee will be charged
- If there are not sufficient earnings from the Clean Out Bag to cover the fee, the remainder of the fee will be deducted from the user’s account balance if available
- If Return Assurance was added to a Clean Out Bag and no items are accepted from the bag, the email sent to you regarding your Clean Out Bag being processed will include a message to contact the thredUP support team to arrange having your items returned.
Note: Return Assurance only includes items not accepted from a bag and is different than reclaiming a consignment item
Click here to learn how to add/remove Return Assurance.
Why won't my items be returned if no items are accepted from my Clean Out Bag?
thredUP trusts that customers take the time to check their items and send only great quality clothing that they believe can be resold on thredUP.com. Return Assurance is offered in good faith that customers are doing their part to screen the clothing they send to thredUP and is intended as a way to return the few items in a Clean Out Bag that the customer may have missed, with the hope that they can make use of the clothing elsewhere.
This also helps customers better understand the thredUP quality standards for future Clean Out Bags they send us. The intention is not to return Clean Out Bags full of items.
If Return Assurance was added to a Clean Out Bag and no items are accepted from the bag, the email sent to you regarding your Clean Out Bag being processed will include a message to contact the thredUP support team to arrange having your items returned.
Question not answered? Click here to send us a message.